Request to Apply for a New ID Card
Applying for the issuance of the Emirates ID card for the first time for personal identification. This card is mandatory for all legal residents of the UAE, including nationals, GCC citizens, expatriates and residents. If you fit one of these categories, you can submit individual or group applications to apply for the Emirates ID card. Members of group applications must be from the same family or under the same sponsor (e.g. laborers under the same company sponsorship).
To submit your application for an ID card you can either visit an accredited Typing Centers , or visit www.emiratesid.ae. You will be required to visit a Preventative Medical Center or Registration Centers to complete the application process.
We aim to print and issue your ID card in a timely manner, which contains your accurate personal, biographical and biometric data.
How to access this service
Step 1 - To submit an application, the steps are as follows:
- You are required to complete the online application form or to visit an accredited Typing Center to apply for the service
- You are required to pay the ID card fees in full when submitting the application.
- You're appointment will be printed on your application form and you will receive confirmation via SMS (UAE Nationals, GCC Citizens and Residents). Expatriates are required to visit their nearest Preventative Medical Center as soon as possible; you do not require an appointment.
Step 2 - To confirm your biometrics, the steps are as follows:
- Please proceed to the Registration Centers (UAE, GCC Nationals and Residents) or Preventative Medical Center (Expatriates) on the appointment date. You are responsible for providing the center with the required documents. Emirates ID representatives at the center will capture your biometric data (Fingerprints and Picture). You will be notified of your enrollment via SMS
Step 3 - To collect your new ID card, the steps are as follows:
- Receive an SMS from emirates identity authority stating your card has been printed and is to be sent to the delivery company.
- Receive an SMS from emirates post once the card is ready for pickup with the location
- You can collect your ID card from your local post office
Documents required to access this service
If you are a UAE National or a GCC Citizen, you will require the following documents to access the service:
- Completed application form (Application form is available online and at any accredited Typing Center)
- Original valid passport
- Original valid family book (UAE National)
- Proof of residency such as original valid employment certificate, real estate lease or ownership contract, commercial license, school registration certificate, certificate of dependency, valid marriage contract or an employment card (GCC Citizen)
For children under 15 years old:
- A visit to the Registration Centers is not needed, a color passport-size (4.5 x 3.5 cm) photo with white background can be submitted instead
- Biometric data is not needed; his/her biometric data will be captured upon applying for a renewal of their ID card, provided that he/she is 15 years or older.
- ID cards for newborns require the submission of a photocopy of the birth certificate in addition to the aforementioned document requirements. The parent must also present their valid ID card.
If you are above the age of 70 years old. receive social welfare or have additional needs:
- You are exempt from the additional fees of services related to the ID but not the delay charges.
- Customers with special needs are exempted from the additional services fees as well as the ID card charges but not the delay charges.
- Customers with additional needs are required to submit a copy of proof of disability certified by their physicians
- Customers who receive social welfare are required to submit a copy of proof of social welfare status (UAE Nationals only)
There are a number of services provided by other government entities in the UAE that are inter-related with this service. Each customer segment has a specific set of services relevant to their respective life events. For more information, please refer to the Service Bundles in Section 4.4.
Once all requirements are meet and your supporting documents are complete you will receive your ID card within ten working days (after your visit to the Registration Centers or issuance of the residency permit)
- In the event that your data has been inaccurately captured, you will be requested (via SMS) to update the online application form or to re-contact the issuing Typing Center for an application update. Failure to comply will result in the application forum being deactivated and you will be requested to re-apply with new fees.
- Emirates and GCC Nationals' ID card validity is for 5 years from the issuance date.
- Public sector and free zone sponsored Resident employees' ID cards are valid for 3 years from the issuance date
- Private sector sponsored Resident employees' ID cards are valid for 2 years from the issuance date
- ID cards for VIPs will be fast-tracked by a Customer Service Representative at the Registration Centers. The VIP is required to visit any of Emirates ID's Registration Centers, with the aforementioned documents, to commence the process.
- If you have weak fingerprints due to old age, injuries or disability, then the capture of your biometric data may be deferred until the renewal of their Emirates ID card
- You may reschedule your appointment only once after you receive your first appointment. You may scheduled via the call center, if you fail to comply with the above and miss your appointment without rescheduling then your application will be deactivated and you will be requested to re-apply via accredited Typing Center with new fees.
- Applications that are pending additional information or fee payment for more than 14 working days will be deactivated
|UAE Nationals and GCC Citizens
||AED 100 (Valid for 5 years)
|Fee applicable to everyone
||Typing fee and service charge: AED 70
Fine pertaining to late registration: AED 20 per day and maximum of AED 1000
Benefits of this service
Obtaining Emirates ID card
Easier and quicker access to other government services
For UAE Nationals use of Emirates ID card instead of passport at Emirati airport e-Gates
In future, easier identity-facilitated transactions in the private sector
More secure identity