It is the issuance of a new ID card in place of an expired one. You will be sent a notification via SMS requesting you to renew your Emirates ID card if it is about to expire. You will need to submit your renewal application;1)In person at an accredited Typing Center or 2)Online via www.emiratesid.ae. You may be required to visit an Emirates ID Registration Centers or Preventative Medical Center to capture your biometric details.
We aim to print and issue your ID card in a timely manner, which contains your accurate personal and biographical data.
How to access this service
Step 1 To submit an application, the steps are as follows:
- You are required to complete the application form I) Online via www.emiratesid.ae or II) in person via an accredited Typing Center.
- You are required to pay the ID card fees in full when submitting the application.
- If you are required to recapture your biometric information, you will receive confirmation of your appointment via SMS (UAE Nationals and GCC Citizens). Expatriates and Residents are required to visit their nearest Preventative Medical Center as soon as possible; you do not require an appointment.
Step 2 To confirm your biometrics, the steps are as follows:
- If required, please proceed to the Registration Centers (UAE and GCC Nationals) on the appointment date, unless you are and Expat where a visit to the Preventative Medical Center is required then no prior appointment is needed. You are responsible for providing the center with the required documents. Emirates ID representatives at the center will capture your biometric data. You will be notified of your enrollment via SMS
Step3 To collect your new ID card, the steps are as follows:
- You can collect your ID card from your local post office
Documents required to access this service
If you are a UAE National or a GCC Citizen, you will require the following documents to access the service:
- Expired Emirates ID card
- Completed application form (the application form is available online and at any accredited Typing Center)
- Original valid passport
- Original valid family book
- Proof of residency such as original valid employment certificate, real estate lease or ownership contract, commercial license, school registration certificate, certificate of dependency, valid marriage contract or an employment card
For children under 15 years old:
- A visit to the Registration Centers is not needed, a colored passport-size (4.5 x 3.5 cm) photo with white background can be submitted instead
- Biometric data is not needed
- ID cards for newborns require the submission of a photocopy of the birth certificate in addition to the aforementioned document requirements. The parent must also present their valid ID card.
If you are above the age of 70 years old. receive social welfare or have additional needs:
- You are exempt from the additional fees of services related to the ID but not the delay charges.
- Customers with special needs are exempted from the additional services fees as well as the ID card charges but not the delay charges.
- Customers with additional needs are required to submit a copy of proof of disability certified by their physicians
- You will receive your ID card within ten working days (after your visit to the Registration Centers or Preventative Medical Center)
- In the event that your data has been inaccurately captured, you will be requested (via SMS) to update the online application form or to re-contact the issuing Typing Center for an application update.
- Emirates and GCC Nationals' ID card validity is for 5 years from the issuance date.
- ID cards for VIPs will be fast-tracked by a Customer Service Representative at the Registration Center Registration Centers Registration Centers, with the aforementioned documents, to commence the process.
Applications that are pending additional information or fee payment for more than 15 working days will be deactivated
|UAE Nationals and GCC Citizens
||AED 100 (Valid for 5 years)
|Fee applicable to everyone
||Typing fee and service charge: AED 70 Fine pertaining to late registration: AED 20 per day and maximum of AED 1000
Benefits of this service
- Enabling you to meet your obligations as a result of having an Emirates ID card
- More secure identity
- More accessible identity